Danada House Air Handling Unit Replacement Project
Bid Due: 2015-09-01, 10 a.m.
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of Field Operations ‒ Structural Maintenance Division, Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, 29W400 Mack Road, West Chicago, IL 60185 until 10 a.m. on September 1, 2015. The contractor shall furnish and pay for all required materials, equipment, tools, labor and incidentals, unless otherwise provided in the contract, and shall include the cost of these items in the prices bid for the several units of work, as specified. Bids must be accompanied by a 10% bid security.
Project shall include the following:
• Dismantle, remove, and dispose of one (1) 12-ton air handler (located in basement), one (1) 3-ton air handler, one (1) 4-ton air handler (both located in attic) and associated condensers (located exterior enclosure). Removal and disposal of equipment must be in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations.
• Furnish and install new “like for like” replacement air handler and condenser
• Furnish and install new refrigeration line sets
• Furnish and install any modification needed to accommodate new air handlers, including but not limited to cribbing, support, existing sheet metal ductwork, wiring, power, etc.
• Furnish and install new thermostats and controls
• Start-up, Test operation, and provide Owner Operation and Maintenance training
Important dates for the Bid Process:
Mandatory Pre-Bid Onsite Meeting August 14, 2015 at 9 a.m. CST.
All questions/clarifications/substitutions due August 20, 2015 at noon via email.
All questions/clarifications/substitutions answered August 25, 2015 at noon CST via email.
Bids due September 1, 2015 at 10 a.m. CST at the Structural Maintenance Office.
Consideration of contract award September 4, 2015.
Bid specifications, plans and bid forms are available here. Bids must be submitted in the District-supplied envelope. Envelopes will be supplied at the mandatory pre-bid onsite meeting. Questions may be directed to Project Representative William Lynch at (630) 876-5910 or email@example.com.
An awardee must submit all required documentation including, but not limited to, the required insurance, Prevailing Wage Act documentation, subcontractor’s list, performance and payment bonds per the Invitation to bid. The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive technicalities. This solicitation does not commit the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County to award a contract, pay any cost incurred in the preparation of a bid or procure or contract for the articles of goods or services. The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County reserves the right to cancel in part or in its entirety these bids if it is in the best interest of the District to do so.
Office of Field Operations-Structural Maintenance Division
Forest Preserve District DuPage County
Attn: William Lynch
29W400 Mack Rd.
West Chicago, IL 60185