(Position Currently Filled)
Age Requirement: 18 years and older
Application Required: yes
Orientation Required: yes
Deadline: Feb. 1
Commitment: Six months, 5 hours per week
Volunteer naturalists assist staff with kindergarten through third-grade school groups. During the busy spring and fall, the center offer three Nature Discovery Programs, designed to create awareness of the natural world. Volunteer naturalists present puppet shows and work with small groups of children on activities that emphasize discovery and the appreciation of nature. In March, a maple syrup program teaches the natural history and physical process of making maple syrup. During this program, volunteer naturalists present puppet shows and assist with station maintenance.
- Present educational puppet shows.
- Lead small groups of children through nature activities.
- Help setup and maintain stations and disassemble for the day.
- Volunteer for special events, such as Maple Syrup Sundays, Earth Day and Halloween Night Walks.
- Assist with special projects.
back to top»
- Attend nature interpreter training sequence.